FAQs & Tech Support
Please scroll down to find the answers to following questions:
- The login page is asking for a "Client ID".
- When I open the Course Notes on my iPad, I can't go past the first page.
- I can’t move to the next Quiz question.
- How do I register for a Course?
- Do I have to be connected to the internet to do my Course?
- How do I access my Course?
- How long do I have to complete my Course?
- Is there a test or exam?
- Do I get a Certificate when I pass my Course?
- I can't remember my username or password.
- I paid for a Course but haven't received a confirmation email or instructions.
- I entered the wrong email address when I ordered my Course.
- I paid for a Course but when I logged in, it isn't in my existing Training Plan.
- I paid for a Course and followed the instructions in the "How to get started" email, but the Course didn't get added to my Training Plan.
- I paid for a Course and I have the "how to get started" email but it says the link has expired.
- I have coupon or Promo Code. How do I enter it to get the discount?
- I had Promo Code but forgot to enter it during checkout. Can I do anything about it now?
For any other questions, or if the answers below don't solve your problem, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The login page is asking for a "Client ID".
Make sure you are logging in at https://mycourses.learningpartner.ca/learningpartner. Copy and paste this address into your browser's address bar to be sure you are entering it correctly. If you are still seeing a field asking for Client ID, please enter learningpartner (all one word, all lower case) and then your regular login information.
2. When I open the Course Notes on my iPad, I can't go past the first page.
You may experience this issue if you have recently upgraded your iPad to IOS13, which has changed the default setting for viewing these documents in Safari. In Settings, scroll down the left side to Safari. Click on this and scroll down the right side to Request Desktop Website. Click on this and toggle ALL Websites to the OFF (non-green) position.
The next time you launch your Course Notes, you may see a message that says “This site is attempting to open a pop-up window – Block or Allow”. If so, click on Allow. The Course Notes should now appear as a scrollable document.
You can now read the Course Notes online, or you can choose to email them to yourself using the forward arrow in the top right of the browser window, so you can access them offline. Once done, you may (or may not) want to revert the Request Desktop Website setting back to the ON (green) position.
3. I can’t move to the next Quiz question.
Whenever you complete a quiz question, a popup box appears with the correct answer. You must click the OK button within that popup box to continue to the next question. If you’ve been multi-tasking (checking email, working on a WORD document, etc.), sometimes this popup box gets hidden behind one of the other windows. Try minimizing each application on your desktop to see if a popup was hidden.
4. How do I register for a Course?
You do not need to register as a student before you buy a Course. Simply choose the Course(s) you want at www.learningpartner.ca, add them to your shopping cart, and complete your purchase.
After you've paid for your Course(s), you should be automatically transferred to our learning management system where you will be prompted to set up a student account (if you are a new user or using a new email address) or log into your existing student account. Once you do this, you should see the new Course(s) in your Training Plan.
You will also receive two emails. If you don't receive these emails within a few minutes of completing your purchase, please check your junk mail. The first email is just a confirmation/receipt. The second email includes a link that you can click on to get started if you weren’t able to set up your student account at the time of purchase as described above. If you haven't taken a Course with us before, you will be guided through the process of setting up your student account. If you already are a student with Learning Partner, clicking on the link will add the new Course to your existing Training Plan and you can get started.
Please make sure to use the same email address the next time you register for a Course, because that becomes your username!
5. Do I have to be connected to the internet to do my Course?
You have to be connected to internet to download and/or print the Course notes so you can read them offline. You can also choose to read them while remaining online. The Quiz must be completed online.
6. How do I access my Course?
To access a Course after you have registered, you need to login to our Learning Management System (LMS) at https://mycourses.learningpartner.ca/learningpartner (or click on “Work on your Course” in navigation menu at the top of this page). Once you’ve logged in, you should see the Course in your Training Plan. Click on the Course title, and then click on “Launch Document” or “Launch Assessment”.
7. How long do I have to complete my Course?
For courses purchased after January 11, 2023, you must complete your Course within six months rom your registration date. For courses purchased prior to this date, you have one year to complete your course. You do not have to complete your Course all at one time; you can start and stop whenever you wish.
8. Is there a test or exam?
Yes. In order to receive continuing education credits, you must complete and pass the Quiz at the end of the Course. Depending on the length of Course, the Quiz includes 15 to 30 multiple choice questions. For most courses, you must get a score of 80% on the Quiz to pass. While this may seem high compared to other CE courses, you can take the Quiz as many times as you need to. You will also receive detailed feedback on each question as you work through the Quiz, so you’ll understand where you went wrong and you can get it right the next time!
Note: You are expected to show academic integrity when completing the Quiz! If you are suspected of cheating, your account will be suspended and we will not support your claim for CE credits to your regulating body. Your money will not be refunded.
9. Do I get a certificate when I pass my Course?
Yes. Once you pass the course, a printable Certificate of Completion will appear in your Training Plan that you can download and/or print.
10. I can't remember my username or password.
Your username is the email address that you used when you purchased the course. You can use the “Forgot Password” feature and instructions for resetting your password will be sent to that email address.
If you’re still having problems, send us an email at email@example.com, and include your full name, address and a telephone number where you can be reached. We'll try to get you sorted out as soon as possible!
11. I paid for a Course but didn't get a confirmation email or a "How to get started" instruction email.
Your confirmation/receipt will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The activation instructions will come from the email address email@example.com. If you don't receive these emails within a few minutes of completing your purchase, please check your junk mail.
If they are not in the junk mail, the most likely reason is that you entered an incorrect email address when you purchased the course. Report this to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to correct the error as soon as possible, usually within a few hours. If you are in a rush, please order the course again, using the correct email address, and we will refund your original purchase.
12. I entered the wrong email address when I ordered my Course.
If you entered an incorrect email address when you placed the order, please report this to email@example.com and we will try to correct the error as soon as possible, usually within a few hours. If you are in a rush, please order the course again, using the correct email address, and we will refund your original purchase.
13. I paid for a Course but when I logged in, it isn't in my existing Training Plan.
Check to see if you used a different email address to make your most recent purchase (e.g., did you use your home email address instead of your work email address that you usually use to log in to your Training Plan?). If you have used a different email address, our system automatically creates a new student account using that new email address, and you'll have to use that to access your most recent purchase. We recommend that you complete the course(s) using that new email address, and then send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to combine the two accounts. Also, look at FAQ #14, below.
14. I paid for a Course and received and followed the "How to get started" email, but the course didn't get added to my Training Plan.
Please click on the "Contents" tab after you log in. If the Course is listed there, click on "Add Participants" beside the course title, and enter your own email address. This should add the Course to your Training Plan, but you may have to refresh your browser to see it there. If you are still having problems, send us an email at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
15. I paid for a Course and have the "how to get started" email but it says the link is expired.
The activation link expires within 30 days for security purposes. If your link has expired, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reactivate your link as soon as possible, usually within one business day. Note that although the link expires in 30 days, you have a full year from the date of purchase to actually complete your course.
16. I have coupon or Promo Code, how do I enter it to get my discount?
You have to enter the code during the checkout process to see the discount. Add the course(s) you want to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. At this point it will still be showing the full price. On the second screen of the checkout process, there is a field for you to input the promo or discount code, and your discount will be calculated.
17. I had a Promo Code but forgot to enter it during checkout, can I do anything about it now.
Sure! Just send us an email at email@example.com and we'll issue you a refund for the discount!