CFP® and QAFP® certificants: 2.0 CE in the Professional Responsibility category (or the Financial Planning category if you have already met your PR requirement). Can be used in 2022 or 2023.
MFDA: 2.0 CE credits (Business Conduct - Ethics)
CPAs: 2 verifiable CPD hours (Ethics)
FORMAT: Downloadable course notes in PDF format, links to FP Canada resources, and an online quiz.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is specifically designed to meet the FP Canada Standards Council's requirement for Professional Responsibility CE credits. Although the title is Professional Practice 2022 Update, it can be used to satisfy your CE requirement for 2023 as well.
Note that you must be a CFP® or QAFP® Certificant to complete this course, because you will need to be able to access the Terms of Engagement tool via your FP Canada account.
As a CFP® or QAFP® Certificant, you are required to provide your services in a professional and ethical manner. FP Canada Standards Council™ has several publications and tools to help you do just that. This information is published on the organization’s website and is often promoted in the electronic and print communications distributed to all Certificants. However, in the busyness of our professional and personal lives, we often give this information a cursory look at best, intending to look at it in more depth “later”, which often never happens.
In this Course, you will review and apply the content of three of these publications or tools, including:
- the new Terms of Engagement tool
- the Standards of Professional Responsibility (May 1, 2022 version), including:
- guidance on social media (Rules 2 and 3)
- updated disclosure requirements (Rules 7 and 8)
- the requirement for accessible, understandable communications (Rule 13), and
- recent additions dealing with the use of technology (Rules 28 and 29)
- the 2023 Projection Assumption Guidelines, including commentary on how to address the recent changes in inflation.
NOTE: You have 6 months from time of purchase to complete this course.
PUBLISHED: August 2022 (updated August 23, 2023 to reflect the 2023 Projection Assumption Guidelines)
FP Canada and FP Canada CE Credit logo are registered trademarks of the FP Canada