CFP® and QAFP® certificants: 2.0 CE (Professional Responsibility)
MFDA: 2.0 CE credits (Business Conduct - Ethics)
CPAs: 2 verifiable CPD hours (Ethics)
FORMAT: Downloadable course notes in PDF format, links to FP Canada resources, and an online quiz.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is specifically designed to meet the FP Canada Standards Council's requirement for Professional Responsibility CE credits.
Note that you must be a CFP® or QAFP® Certificant to complete this course, because you will need to be able to access the Terms of Engagement tool via your FP Canada account.
As a CFP® or QAFP® Certificant, you are required to provide your services in a professional and ethical manner. FP Canada Standards Council™ has several publications and tools to help you do just that. This information is published on the organization’s website and is often promoted in the electronic and print communications distributed to all Certificants. However, in the busyness of our professional and personal lives, we often give this information a cursory look at best, intending to look at it in more depth “later”, which often never happens.
In this Course, you will review and apply the content of three of these publications or tools, including:
- the new Terms of Engagement tool
- the Standards of Professional Responsibility (May 1, 2022 version), including:
- guidance on social media (Rules 2 and 3)
- updated disclosure requirements (Rules 7 and 8)
- the requirement for accessible, understandable communications (Rule 13), and
- recent additions dealing with the use of technology (Rules 28 and 29)
- the 2022 Projection Assumption Guidelines, including commentary on how to address the rapid increase in inflation.
NOTE: You have one year from time of purchase to complete this course.
AUTHOR: Roxanne Eszes, CFP®
PUBLISHED: August 2022
FP Canada and FP Canada CE Credit logo are registered trademarks of the FP Canada